AGB - § 2 Purpose
(1) Clio-online operates publicly accessible, interactive Internet portals for the historical sciences, which include various scientific services, reference systems and information offers, hereinafter referred to as "services", and which can be used comprehensively only by registered users. Limited use is also open to non-registered users.
(2) The "Services" consist of subject and topic portals; communication, information, and publication platforms; subject forums; and mailing lists, as well as series of publications and journals, which are made available on the worldwide web via various portal addresses and Internet services.
(3) These offers are based on these General Terms and Conditions (GTC). A prerequisite for the proper use of the offer and the Internet services is that the user have access to electronic media that meets the technical standards for the use of the services.
(4) Clio-online is entitled to change all Services at any time without special notification or consent of any User. All offers are subject to change and non-binding. Thus, Clio-online expressly reserves the right to change parts of the pages or the entire offer without notice, and to add to, delete, or cease publication temporarily or permanently. Reference is made to § 12 paragraph 2.
(5) The use of all services of Clio-online is free of charge, unless otherwise indicated. Reference is made to § 13.
(6) Clio-online may define supplementary service-specific terms and conditions for individual services.
(7) The editorial management and editorial responsibility of Clio-online is incumbent on specialist editorial teams or editorial groups, which are identified in more detail on the respective imprint pages. Further details on the organization and tasks of the editorial offices and editorial groups are regulated by the statutes of Clio-online.
(8) The institutions listed on the website as "partners" participate in the offerings of Clio-online as cooperation partners and editors. In some cases, other scientific institutions and individual scientists are involved in the development, provision and publication of individual information offerings, which are indicated at the appropriate places.
(9) Clio-online cooperates with institutions that also provide scholarly information (e.g., the Association of German Historians). Express reference is made to these collaborations, in particular to the publication by the collaborative partners. Deviations from these terms and conditions are indicated on the respective web pages of the partner projects.