AGB - § 11 Data Protection and privacy
(1) Clio-online will process, store and use all data received in connection with the contractual relationship in compliance with the current German and European legal situation, insofar as this is necessary for the proper execution of the contract fulfilment of the legal obligation) and on the basis of other legal grounds. Clio-online adheres to the principle of neither selling nor renting personal data and only making it available in the manner described in more detail here and in the data protection information. We expressly refer to the data protection information of Clio-online. These can be found under the following link: https://www.clio-online.de/datenschutz.
(2) For certain offers, it may be necessary for Clio-online to pass on personal data to third parties (cooperation partners of Clio-online, technical service providers) in order to process orders, such as the distribution of contributions via list servers or orders or similar. The transfer of data to third parties is governed by an order data agreement and takes place exclusively on the basis of the requirements specified in § 28 DSGVO. Express reference is made to the data protection information of Clio-online. These can be found under the following link: https://www.clio-online.de/datenschutz
(3) For the creation of individual directories, it may be necessary to link personal data with other data files within the Clio-online offering beyond the purposes stated in paragraph 1. The data is also used to enable the various editorial groups, specialists, and thematic editorial teams of Clio-online to contact users, as well as for internal statistical evaluations (again, among other things, in the context of the fulfilment of the legal obligation and on the basis of other legal grounds).
(4) If the website of Clio-online contains links to other websites, Clio-online assumes no responsibility or liability for the protection of personal data on the other websites.
(5) Upon registration by the User, the contract of use (cf. § 3 para. 3) is concluded; the User consents to the processing, use, and storage of his personal data by Clio-online. The User who is at the same time the author also agrees to the publication of his personal data subject to the provisions of § 6.
(6) Each registered User may view and revise the data stored about him in his own profile in MY CLIO at any time. Deletion of an email subscription or deletion of the account is also possible in the User's own profile. Excluded from deletion are those data that are required for the implementation of technical and organizational processes, the archiving of published contributions, or for the billing of a service (surname, first name, email address, institutional affiliation or location as metadata on contributions). Clio-online has no influence on services that collaborative partners are responsible for independently in terms of organization and technology and accepts no liability for them. Restrictions on deletion rights apply in particular to foreign, non-European collaborative partners (e.g., logfile archive of H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences online in the USA, through which a large part of Clio-online's publications can be viewed unchanged and permanently on the Internet). Clio-online forwards requests for deletion, information, and correction to collaborative partners. In this respect, express reference is made to § 9.